Oamaru’s creative BBH hostel - social clean accommodation which offers a friendly environment with music and art, a six minute drive to the little blue penguins and ten minute drive to Yellow Eyed Penguins or the skyline walk into Oamaru’s Victorian historic center also known as the Steam Punk Village full of boutique shops galleries and artists work shops.
Chillawhile has featured in travel books and programs – including Getaway Australia as Oamaru’s creative hostel destination in New Zealand and this is what Lonely Planet say… Unleash your creative spirit at this funky and colourful hostel in a restored two-storey Victorian residence. Guests are encouraged to draw and paint, or create sweet soul music on the hostel’s guitars, pianos, didgeridoo and African drums. With all that creative energy, there’s definitely a laidback social vibe, and Chillawhile is one of NZ’s best and most unique hostels.
- Residing in a beautiful Historic 1883 building.
- Zenbu Internet and WiFi.
- FREE on site car parking
- Bicycle shelter – secure and easily accessible.
- Dormitory age restrictions – 18 to 38 years. These are our guidelines and are used at our discretion. Hostel Age restricted to 50 years young guests and under. Grandparents travelling with younger families and staying in our family rooms are welcome.
- Female only share room – no bunks
- $126 dormitory weekly rate
- Check in 4pm-9pm with late checkout 11.30am, Late self check in possible for private rooms – must pay by credit card prior to arrival.
- 3 communal kitchens
- Coin operated washing machine and dryer - access 24/7
- BBQ area, outdoor gardens and fire
- Mountain Bike Hire $28 5 hours $45 24 hours ($15 3 hours – road cycling only, perfect way to visit Riverstone Kitchen)
- Atomic Shuttles drop off pick up point Thames Hwy by Chillawhile
- find Us in Oamaru’s North End turn onto Frome Street near by the public toilets